Friday, October 18, 2013

TV Review: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Asset(1.03)

                                    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Asset(1.03)Review
  • In this episode the team has to rescue a scientist Franklin Hall who had been taken from a S.H.I.E.L.D. transport by unseen attackers.
  • I liked how Ward had started training Skye and how Skye really wasn't into the whole physical training aspect of it.
  • I liked how Fitz and Simmons knew Franklin because he was a former professor of theirs so they were really upset to hear that he was kidnapped.
  • I find the whole idea of gravitonium a substance that almost know no believed exist that can be used as a power source and has control over the world's gravity to be very interesting and a bit scary considering that a really tiny model of it was able to flip over a semi truck.
  • I found it really interesting that Quinn the man who took Franklin was someone who he was once friends with and that the two of them actually developed the theory of gravitonium together and that Quinn needed Franklin order to make sure a full size model of his machine worked.
  • I liked how when the team was trying to figure out how to get past Quinn's security that Fitz suggested that they use a monkey and from Simmons response it seems like it wasn't the first time he suggested something like this which I just find hilarious.
  • I liked how Skye was quickly with able to get herself an invitation to Quinn's extremely exclusive party so that she could be the team's inside guy.
  • I liked that Ward seemed to be most concern about Skye on the mission because he was worried about her safety more than her loyalty and I liked that when he mentioned to Coulson that none of his tactics seem to help with making Skye take training seriously that Coulson told him to treat her like a person rather than an operative.
  • I liked how in this episode Coulson didn't make May see combat in this episode but not being in the field is something that led to her by the end of the episode telling Coulson that she would rather by in the field where she is able to do something than somewhere where she can't.
  • I found Ward's story about how his older brother use to beat him and that he learned to fight in order to protect himself and his little brother to be pretty sad.
  • I liked that Skye seemed to do pretty well with the whole being undercover as a party guest because I think that was an area where she can be useful in.
  • I found it interesting that Quinn only extended an invite to Skye in order to ask her to work with him.
  • I liked how when Skye was caught by Quinn that she revealed that S.H.I.E.L.D. was listening in order for him to bring her to exactly where she needed to be and that while she acted like she was betraying the team she was just using that possibility of a betrayal to distract Quinn while she completed her mission.
  • I liked how when Quinn called S.H.I.E.L.D. big brother that Skye said they were the nice big brother that protected people while clearly thinking about Ward's story from earlier.
  • I liked how even though Skye was able to take the gun from Quinn she wasn't able to pull the trigger and instead used it as an opportunity to escape.
  • I liked the twist that Franklin was the one that leaked the information about his transport in order to get Quinn to take him so he would have the chance to destroy Quinn and his gravitonuim machine before he or anyone else could use it to hurt anyone.
  • I liked how Coulson tried to talk Franklin out of sinking the island but in the end he couldn't so he used Franklin to stop the gravitionuim and save the rest of the people on the island's life.
  • I'm curious if the reason that Coulson doesn't seem to have good muscle memory with gun is because he got a new body unknowingly or not.
  • I liked that the gravitionuim is being locked away from everyone so that no one can abuse that kind of power.
  • I liked how Skye opened up about her past and how wanting and loosing something hurts more than never wanting anything in the first place to Ward and I like that she decided that she wants to be an agent.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment