- I liked how when Colson told Ward and May about bring on Skye as a consultant that they both had concerns about her joining the team and I liked that Colson had already thought about all the arguments that they would have and had an answer for them.
- I liked how Simmons and Fitz on the other hand seemed to be excited about Skye joining the team especially Simmons.
- I liked that an 0-8-4 basically means that they have no idea what the object is and that they admitted that's what the code means.
- I liked how in this episode Skye wasn't really told what her role on the team was so she really didn't know what she was suppose to be doing and that made her feel kind of awkward especially when she tried to be helpful when she didn't really know anything.
- I really loved how when they arrived in Peru that Fitz's mentions all the different species of monkeys and then Simmons mentions all the different species of poisonous snakes and then when she notices that Fitz is frightened by that she goes on about how we probably won't see any but then mentions there's no vaccine for jungle fever or something which was sure to freak him out more.
- I continue to really enjoy all the science speak in the show and I really love seeing the technology as well even though I don't fully understand what's being said I really love that the show included it and I hope that I'll be able to understand it better as the series goes on.
- I liked that the 0-8-4 was alien technology which is very old called a hydra which was powered by Tesseract which made it extremely dangerous.
- I liked how it was mentioned that May was somewhat of a legend in the field with being nicknamed the cavalry but she wishes not to be associated with that nickname. I also love that May doesn't bring a gun with her but takes guns from those she fights.
- I really quite enjoyed the relationship that Colson had with Camilla someone who he use to work with before S.H.I.E.L.D. and he clearly use to have a romantic relationship with and I'm sad that she turned out to be bad with wanting to use the hydra as a weapon to silence the rebels in Peru.
- I really enjoyed how during the car chase scene that Fitz was just really concerned about over heating the hydra which would be really bad because it being unstable could cause it to explode but it was kind of ridiculous that Fitz wanted them to slow down when they were being shot at and then Simmons suggested they open the window which was another terrible idea and Skye points that out and Ward just yells at them to keep their heads down and be quiet. I just really enjoyed that whole scene.
- I liked that when the team was arguing and Skye realized that they haven't actually been working together that long that she isn't the only one that feels out of place there and I liked that she joked about how she could be team captain.
- I liked how when Skye mentions that the team isn't really acting like a team yet Colson agrees with her that is true and a problem they need to sort out. I also liked how after Colson stated everyone else's abilities that Skye mentioned that she's good at things too.
- I liked how Skye told Ward about the reason that she thought that the Peru rebellion was a good thing was because it was about people bonding together to solve a problem and that she believes that no one person in the solution to a problem but a bunch of people working together are. I also liked how Ward mentioned that he was taught to be the whole solution to a problem and I like that this scene led them to a certain understanding.
- I'm very interested in why May is so against seeing combat again which makes me super interested in her backstory.
- I find it interesting that Fitz and Simmons have clearly known each other for quite awhile and use to work in the lab together and that Simmons was the one that convinced Fitz to work in the field.
- I found it somewhat funny that Camilla accused Colson of going through a midlife crisis is the reason that he assembled his special team.
- I liked how once the team minus Colson who was captured elsewhere, were all tied up together that they finally started acting like a team with working together to find a way out of their current situation.
- I liked that everyone working together and using their different skills was what ended up saving the day and I especially liked that Skye reading the flight manual actually helped out in the end. I also just generally love Colson's complete faith in his team.
- I liked that the team had bonded by the end of the episode and seemed so much closer. I especially like how much Ward's attitude regarding Skye has changed with him saying she has potential and wanting to be her supervising officer.
- I'm worried about Skye seeming to be working undercover for the rising tide but I like that she seemed conflicted already about betraying the team.
- I liked the end scene with Fury being mad at Colson for destroying his plane after such a small amount of time and I liked that Colson seriously acknowledge that he knows Skye poses a risk.
Thursday, October 3, 2013
TV Review: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: 0-8-4(1.02)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: 0-8-4(1.02)Review