Friday, October 20, 2017

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Malec(1.12)

                                            Shadowhunters: Malec(1.12)Review
  • I like that Izzy decided to support Alec's decision to get married because he supported her through her trial.
  • I like that Izzy is concerned about how Jace and Alec are both refusing to talk to each other right now.
  • I like that Clary thanks Alec for everything that he's done to help her find her mother and that Alec thanks Clary for returning the cup which ended up saving Izzy from being exiled, I like that they find getting along to feel a bit odd.
  • I like that Magnus questioned Alec on what is honorable about living a lie when Alec claimed that honor was one of the reasons that he was getting married.
  • I liked that Magnus told Alec that he would stop pushing if Alec could tell him that he was in love with Lydia which Alec of course isn't, I like that it's clear that to Magnus the only reason people should get married is if they love each other while Alec clearly believes differently because he's getting married for every reason but love.
  • I liked how Magnus described to Alec what the symptoms of falling in love were and I like that Alec was clearly effected by his speech but he pushes him away none the less because he feels like he needs to go through with getting married to save his family and his career.
  • I liked that when Clary invited Simon to the wedding that she told him that he was the person she is closest to in the entire world.
  • I find the conversation that Clary and Jace have about her training to be pretty awkward which makes sense since they no longer know how to behave around each other.
  • I liked that when Magnus mentioned that he wished they had cocktails that Clary pointed out that it's nine am yet Magnus didn't see the problem with that.
  • I liked that Magnus was offend that Hodge thinks that Ragnor is more powerful than him.
  • I like that Clary wants to talk to Jace about how they feel about learning that their siblings while Jace doesn't since it doesn't change anything, I also like that Clary pointed out that they didn't do anything wrong since they had know way of knowing they were related.
  • I like that Izzy wants to throw Alec a bachelor party and that he wants nothing to do with one.
  • I like that Jace thinks of Maryse as his true mother because she was the one that raised him, I just love it whenever Jace says that the Lightwoods are his true family.
  • I like that Clary believes that her mother would never abandon her son while Jace doesn't believe her.
  • I like that Clary was able to find Ragnor in the painting because of her artist eye.
  • I like that Clary offering Ragnor anything if helped her was the reason he decided to help her by telling her how he needed the book of the white in order to wake her mother.
  • I was sad that Ragnor died so shortly after we met him but since we barely knew him I mostly just feel bad for Magnus has been friends with him for centuries.
  • I liked that Clary and Jace figured out that there is a mole in the institute sadly they suspect the wrong person of the crime.
  • I like that Clary and Izzy stop Jace from confronting Lydia about being the mole because he is far too angry right now.
  • I don't think that Clary did a good job of lowering Lydia's guard because she accused her far to easily of being the mole so Lydia was of course defensive right away.
  • I like that Clary feels that it's wrong for Alec to live a lie and can't understand why Lydia would be willing to marry him while knowing that Alec will never love her the way a husband should love a wife, I like that Lydia understand why Alec is doing what he's doing and she respects how much he loves his family.
  • I like that Izzy went to Simon for advice about what goes on at bachelor party and I like that Simon tells her about how what there really about his best friends being there for each other.
  • I liked that Izzy's idea for a bachelor party is to basically lock Alec and Jace in a room together because she knows that they need to make up.
  • I like that Jace admits to Alec that he has been doing a lot of crazy things lately that has caused a lot of problems but he never wanted to hurt Alec and he's sorry if he did.
  • I like that when Jace was saying that there was something wrong with him since he was falling in love with Clary that Alec tells them there's nothing wrong with him and he understands what that's like and considering that he was in love with Jace who is his adoptive brother I think he does understand better than just anyone else would.
  • I like that Alec tells Jace that he understands what it's like to live your life one way always fulfilling your duty until you meet someone who changes the way you think and knocks you off that path, while clearly talking about his feelings for Magnus. I also strangely like that Alec's response to those feelings is to try harder to stay on the path of your duty because he feels that is what's most important.
  • I like that even though Jace knows that Alec's marriage won't make him happy that he's still happy to give Alec a way at his wedding because it speaks to the bond they share with each other.
  • I like that Ragnor's ghost or something came back to talk to Magnus about his past loves and how if Magnus falls in love again that he should fight for it as hard as he can. I like the brief insights we see in how Magnus sees love with him clearly wanting it but also believing Camille is right that he's destined to never have it.
  • It made me a bit sad for Alec when his mom tells him that she's proud of him for getting married to someone he doesn't love to save his family's reputation because that's not something that a mother should be proud of.
  • I liked that when Magnus walked in that Jace and Izzy were gossiping with each other about what's going on despite the fact that there on the alter, I just find that detail a little funny.
  • I like that after seeing Magnus walk in that Alec realizes that he can't deny his feelings for Magnus anymore and that getting married to Lydia isn't the right thing to do and I like that Lydia understands that and that she gives him her blessing to go after Magnus.
  • I liked that Alec walked up to Magnus and just kissed him right in front of everyone despite having feared anyone finding out that he was gay for so long.
  • I liked that Magnus told Alec after he kissed him that he never ceases to amaze him.
  • I liked that Alec started panicking about what he just did right after he did it because that was a pretty big statement he just made and he did it on impulse and he never does anything on impulse.
  • I like that Izzy tells Alec how proud she is of him and I like how Simon compares Alec and Magnus to The Graduate.
  • I like that Jace tells Lydia that she would always have a place with them because of what she did when she let Alec go to pursue his own happiness.
  • I like that Jace realizes that he can't keep pushing Clary away but he still doesn't know how to deal with her after what Valentine told them.
  • I dislike that Hodge knocked Lydia out and stole the cup from her in order to give it to Valentine in exchange for his freedom.
  • I'm worried about Jace with how he keeps saying there's a darkness in him and how thinks maybe he belongs by Valentine's side.
  • I dislike how Maryse makes Alec coming out all about it effects her and barely even acknowledges what he just revealed to everyone.
  • I like that Robert at least tries to understand Alec's relationship with Magnus even though it does seem odd to him.
  • I find it a bit funny how Alec almost told his dad that right now his feelings for Magnus is more about lust than love since it's so new but I'm glad that Magnus saved Alec from saying something that would've made them all feel really awkward.
  • I like that Alec and Magnus agree to go for drinks together and that they're both really happy about the idea of it.
  • I like how Luke tells a comatose Jocelyn how Alec's coming out and kissing a downworlder shows that the world is changing and that he hopes that someday that means their relationship can be accepted.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment