Friday, October 20, 2017

TV Review: The Gifted: Exposed(1.01)

                                            The Gifted: Exposed(1.01)Review
  • I liked how the episode opened with showing us how mutants are being hunted down by the cops simply for being mutants which the show us with the character Clarice.
  • I liked that John, Marcos and Lorna were looking for Clarice when she was running from the cops and that when they found her they invited her to join them and that they protected her and helped get her to safety.
  • I was sad that Lorna was captured by the police after she tried to get revenge on a cop fro shooting Marcos.
  • I liked that Reed threatened to sue the school if they didn't do anything to stop his son Andy from being bullied.
  • I like that Lorna refuses to give up any information about the other mutants after she was captured even though it is something that could end up saving her.
  • I like that Lorna pointed out to Reed that if she really wanted to kill the cops they would be dead by showing him how easy it would be for her to remove the screws from his legs.
  • I find it interesting that Andy feels so trapped in his own home that he tags along with Lauren to the dance even though he is likely to run into the kids that are bullying him because he wants to get out of the house so badly.
  • I'm not really surprised that Andy abilities manifested when they did considering the bullies had him trapped and had showers of freezing and burning hot water pouring down at him.
  • I liked that when the gym area of the school started to collapse in on itself that Lauren refused to leave without getting Andy to safety and I like that she used her own abilities to get to him and get them both out safely.
  • I like that Marcos wants to go on a mission to rescue Lorna but I also like that John won't let him since they aren't strong enough to win against an entire building worth of cops.
  • I was surprised to learn that Lauren had her abilities for three years now and that she was able to keep them secret for so long.
  • I find it sad how when Caitlin is reassuring Lauren that her dad doesn't arrested all mutants just the ones that hurt people that Andy said ones like me since he hurt people when his powers manifest because he wasn't in control of them.
  • I liked that when some people told Caitlin that they were going to take Lauren and Andy that she refused to even let them in the house and I liked that she then went on the run with Lauren and Andy.
  • I like that Reed made it clear right away that the most important thing is that Andy and Lauren are safe but I also like that he tried to figure out if Andy actually did anything wrong legally because he wants to find away to keep him out of jail.
  • The fact that Reed find Sentinel services to be frightening is worrying and the fact that them being involved makes him think that his family fleeing the country is the best course of action shows how dangerous they are.
  • I like that Lauren tells Andy how she relieved that she can finally talk about being a mutant and I like that she tells Andy that she doesn't blame him for ruining their life or anything and promises to teach him how to control his abilities.
  • I liked that Clarice thanks Marcos for helping to save her and tells him sorry that he lost Lorna while rescuing her and I like that he tells her it wasn't her fault.
  • I like that Reed called Marcos to get him and his family out of the country but I also like that Marcos was hesitant to help him considering what he does for a living.
  • I was a bit surprised to discover Lorna was pregnant but I wasn't surprised at all to find out that Marcos is the father.
  • I think that the deal Marcos has with Reed is fair with him being willing to get his family to safety but having Reed stay with him until he gets Lorna back.
  • I liked that Clarice told John about how Marcos went off on his own to help someone and I like that John then decides to go find him.
  • I wasn't all that surprised that Sentinel services was able to track down the Stucker family but I was glad that John and Clarice found them in time to help them all escape.
  • I like that Clarice was able to use a portal to get almost everyone to safety and I like that Andy was able to control his abilities for a little bit.
  • I'm worried about Reed since he was shot at the end of episode but I have a feeling that he'll live but won't be able to get back to his family for along time.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment