Saturday, September 2, 2017

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Rise Up(1.09)

                                          Shadowhunters: Rise Up(1.09)Review
  • I find it a bit sad that Simon clings to that last bit of hope that he's not a vampire when he sees his reflection but Raphael dashes that right away.
  • I find it sad how when Simon calls Raphael a monster after he accuses him of turning him only to realize that he too is a monster.
  • I like that Raphael realizes that Simon needs time to accept what he is now and that he can't truly help Simon until he's willing to face the truth.
  • I like that after Jace hears that Alec is injured that he feels the need to return to the institute right away and I like that Clary's top priority is still finding Simon so Jace tells her that she's right that the two of them have to go their separate ways because Jace needs to be there for Alec and Clary needs to be there for Simon, I also like that Jace suggests that Clary asks Luke for help since werewolves are good trackers.
  • I liked that Magnus offered to heal Alec's injury free of charge and expressed his worries about anything bad happening to Alec but I dislike and was unsurprised by how Alec did his best to keep his distance from Magnus and discourage his feelings.
  • I'm still unsure of whether or not Melrion and the other seelies were working with Valentine or not because on the one hand the Clave tends to think the worse of downworlders but on the other hand the seelies have admitted that they side with whoever they think has the best chance of winning so who knows what side they truly chose.
  • I like that Clary is worried that Simon is going to hate her because she decided to turn him into a vampire since she couldn't live without him.
  • I liked that Alec was shown to be taking out his frustrations on a punching bag despite being injured which showed the somewhat self destructive way he deals with his feelings.
  • I find it interesting that Alec is the only one that is doubting his parents loyalty after he finds out that they were members of the circle while Izzy and Jace believe that despite their flaws there is no way that they would be traitors again, I just find it interesting that Alec is the only that is feeling angry about how was lied to his whole lie and made to think that he tarnished his family's name by not living up to his parents expectations rather than admitting to that they were the ones that ruined it.
  • I thought the scene where Lydia tells Jace and Izzy that she and Alec are engaged to be so awkward for her. I can't blame Jace and Izzy for being angry at Alec for going through with a loveless marriage but at the same time being mad at him isn't helping him any.
  • I like how when Simon saw his mom and hugged her that he felt relieved for a moment like since the first time since he awoken he felt normal again just for a moment before he desired to drink her blood although luckily Clary stopped him from biting her.
  • I liked that Clary convinced Simon to let her help him through what he was going through by pretending to need his help when they were in front of his mother.
  • I liked that when Robert confronted Alec about being engaged to Lydia that Alec tells him that he knows about him and Maryse being circle members and how angry he is that he had it drilled into his head that he was never good enough while growing up when really they were just trying to push him to better so that he could make up for their mistakes and restore their name which they destroyed.
  • I kind like that Alec is just stubbornly sticking with his plan to restore the family name despite the fact that everyone else thinks what he's doing is a bad idea.
  • I like that Luke tells Simon that he understands what he's going through and that he will be okay once he gets what he needs although it is an adjustment.
  • I can't blame Simon for being mad at Clary for deciding to turn him but I also can't blame Clary for doing the only thing she could to keep him in her life because he's her best friend and she loves him.
  • I like that when Alec and Izzy were on different sides about Melrion being investigated that Jace refuses to pick aside.
  • I find it very suspicious that Melrion doesn't answer a single one of the questions Lydia asks him and instead brings up that Clary has the cup which is something that very few people know which makes me wonder are the seelies working with Valentine since Valentine's men are the only people outside of the main cast that know that Clary has the cup so it's very possible that seelies got that information from them.
  • I think that Alec is right that they should turn over the cup but I understand why Jace doesn't want to hand the cup over without telling Clary about it but I do think that he shouldn't have went behind Alec's back and stolen the cup from him in order to give it to Clary.
  • I like that when Raphael says that this isn't a hotel that Simon points out that hotel dumort is literally a hotel.
  • I liked that Clary used the fact that Raphael needs Simon to prove that Camille broke the accords in order to get him to help her and Simon.
  • I get why Izzy and Jace think that Melrion could be innocent and that taking him to the silent brothers which is a process that is tortures to downworlders is going too far but I honestly don't think the clave is wrong about Melrion and the seelies.
  • I find it very odd that Alec never found out that Magnus helped Jace and Izzy steal Alec's stele because it seemed like this would come up at some point in the future.
  • I think that it's sad how after Alec tells Magnus that he's getting married that Magnus joked about how they should go on a date first because even though he knew it was likely Alec was talking about marrying someone else he was trying stay in denial to keep from getting hurt.
  • I like how when Alec describes a marriage with Lydia as a solid partnership that Magnus mockingly calls it hot because Alec is talking about marriage as a business deal while Magnus thinks the only reason someone should marry is because of love, I like how this shows the differences between the two of them.
  • I liked that Jace told Izzy that everything that is happening is not her fault and that she shouldn't blame herself.
  • I like how Alec expressed doubts about what they were planning to do with Melrion and I like that Lydia admits she doesn't like it either but since she lost her husband because she wasn't willing to do what it takes to get information from a downworlder in the past she can't let herself be too soft on a potential threat.
  • I like that Alec and Lydia agree to rule with their heads instead of their hearts and I like that even in the current episode in season 2 that Alec is still ruling with his head because I think in this type of position that's the best way to rule.
  • I liked how Clary confessed to Simon that part of the reason that she turned him was because she wanted him to be part of this new world that she was part of but that he wasn't yet but now he is.
  • I honestly my opinion on the whole lets save Melrion from the silent brothers is one that is very different now than it was when this episode first aired because back then I wasn't sure of whether or not Melrion was trustworthy but now I'm almost hundred percent certain that he's not based on what is happening in the second half of season two.
  • I kind of like that Clary just assumes that Alec would join them soon.
  • I liked that Simon pledged his loyalty to Raphael simply because he wants to help Clary and the others save Melrion.
  • I like that Alex noticed that something was up as soon as he got close to the city of bones and I like that he did everything he could to complete the mission.
  • I do like that Alec told Clary that she doesn't know the first thing about being a shadowhunter is when she says that orders don't matter because orders are a huge part of being a shadowhunter and you can't ignore them whenever your don't like them.
  • I like how Alec mentioned that while Jace had always broke the rules that he never broke the law until Clary came along.
  • I was a bit surprised when Jace mentioned that he knew that Alec had feelings for him but I really don't think that Jace is right about Alec's feelings for him being the reason behind his actions because I really don't think that's true.
  • I like that Alec tells Jace that he won't help him defeat Valentine if it means going against the Clave to do so because he doesn't want to be label a traitor like his parents were.
  • I'm glad that Clary helping out Melrion is getting her a way to get to Valentine but the fact that Melrion is the one that suggested that to be how he repaid her for saving him is slightly suspicious.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment