Friday, April 27, 2018

TV Review: Timeless: The Darlington 500(2.02)

                                        Timeless: The Darlington 500(2.02)Review
  • I don't understand why Ritten house would want to kill a future Nascar driver in 1955 but I think it's especially cruel that they're willing to kill his pregnant wife as well as him.
  • I feel bad for Jiya that she is still having visions and that she seems to sometimes have to tell herself that something isn't real.
  • I like that when Lucy was reading over Nicolas Kean's manifesto and Wyatt called all that stuff crazy that Lucy pointed out that this is kind of crazy that her mother believes in.
  • I like that Wyatt asked Lucy what she went through when she was taken by Ritten house because he's worried about her and I liked that he told that they're all worried about her.
  • I liked that when Lucy didn't know anything of important significance happening on the date in the location that Ritten house traveled to she came up with the idea that they should ask Flynn for help because he know more about Ritten house than anyone else they know and he is willing to talk to Lucy.
  • I like that Flynn tried to use them needing his help as a way to get himself out of jail but I also understand why Agent Christopher is completely unwilling to make that deal.
  • I like that both Flynn and Lucy seem to know each other well enough to know what will hurt the most for them to hear because it's kind of interesting and surprising how well they know each other at this point. I also like that Lucy was able to get Flynn to tell her about the address he found on a Ritten house agent he killed for back than.
  • I found it a bit funny how Wyatt was the only one who knew who the guy that Ritten house was after was because he seems to be a big Nascar fan.
  • While I definitely don't like Nicolas I like that his desire to have things that he is used to by his side is making him too distracted to really give Ritten house the guidance that they thought they would get from him.
  • I like that Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus pretend to be reporters so that they can find out where Ryan Millerson will be so that they can stop the Ritten house agents from killing him.
  • I liked that Wyatt was so excited to see all the classic cars that are in great condition considering there only a few years old at this time in history and I like that Rufus and Lucy call him a nerd for acting that way.
  • I like that when they meet Wendell Scott who is an African American mechanic/racer that Wyatt is a big fan of that Wyatt gets so distracted by fanboying over him and asking questions about things he know he did instead of asking him the questions they need answered in order to protect Miller from Ritten house.
  • I find it sad how Wendall Scott does indeed end up winning a major nascar race in 1963 but they place him in third and while he does argue long enough to get the prize money he never gets the trophy or the glory of the win.
  • I was a bit surprised to learn that Wyatt used to run certain illegal substances across the border when he was a teenager as a way to make money and I like that Lucy and Rufus are also surprised by this fact.
  • I was sad to find out that Millerson turns out to be a Ritten house sleeper agent and that Ritten house plan actually seemed to account for Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus coming there to try and stop them and they use this knowledge to try and kill them.
  • I like that Wendell ended up saving Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus by throwing a fire extinguisher grenade in the tent and being their get away driver.
  • I like that Lucy comes up with the cover that Millerson and the other Ritten house agents are communist and that they work for the government tracking down people like, I like that excuse is both believable and pretty close to the truth.
  • I like that when they figure out Millerson must've been a sleeper agent that Wyatt has a hard time believing it since he grew up being a fan of his and I like that after realizing this they all feel very concerned about what else may have changed in history without them being aware.
  • I like that they figure that Ritten house's main plan is to blow up all the CEO's of the car companies who are all attending the Darlington 500 which could cripple economy at this point in time.
  • I agree with Agent Christopher that Mason going to be a speaker somewhere is a very bad idea but I understand why Mason wants to try and rebuild his reputation.
  • I like that Millerson seems to have some doubts about going through with his suicide mission because he likes the life that he created for himself in this time period.
  • I really can't blame Wendell for not being willing to get Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus back into the race because it could him ban from racing and he's not quite sure if he buys their story.
  • I like that Rufus tries to help Wendell fix up his car to convince him to help them since he's an engineer but it seems like cars and time machines are very different so he's not of much help.
  • I like that Wyatt actually ends up helping Wendell fix his car and I like that we learn that the reason Wyatt knows how to do this is because he father made him figure out how to fix it after his father broke his car while throwing Wyatt in the back of it and whipping around dangerously with it just to scare him.
  • I like how Wyatt and Wendell end up bonding over how their father's disappointed them in different ways with Wendell's father leaving the family and gambling while Wyatt's was abusive and he wished he would leave and when he didn't Wyatt decided to leave instead and stole his father's prized car with him when he did.
  • I like that when Wendell asked Rufus what kind of engineer he was since he doesn't seem to know much about cars that Rufus tells him that he works with different machines that involve time. I like that Rufus and Wendell bond about how for black people everything they want to accomplish is even harder for them.
  • I like that when Lucy and Wyatt were in the trunk that Lucy asked him if what he said about his father was true and I liked that she then started to open up a bit to him about how she's dealing with her mother turning out to be a terrible person. I like that Wyatt tells Lucy that there was a point when he did admired his father since he was his father and that he was angry for a long time with him but he did let go of those feelings eventually and I like that he tells Lucy that maybe it's for the best that she found out the truth about her mother so that she can face it head on.
  • I like that Lucy and Wyatt almost ended up kissing each other when they were stuck in the trunk together but sadly they were interrupted at the last second.
  • I liked that when Wyatt and Wendell were discussing the plan about how to get out with the car that neither Rufus or Lucy had any idea what they were talking about since they were using racer terms.
  • I was a little sad when Millerson died because he did at least clearly love his wife but not too sad because he was willing to sign up for a mission to kill so many people in the first place.
  • I liked that during the getaway chase from the cops that Rufus was very concerned about them hitting any bumps since the bomb had been armed while Wyatt on the other hand seemed to be having fun with the chase that is incredible dangerous.
  • I like that when Wendell asks Wyatt to race against him some time that Wyatt is very happy to be asked that but knows that he won't be able to do so.
  • I liked that when Rufus asks Wendell if he thinks they will ever give the prize to a black man that Wendell tells them that he knows they won't but he still wants to keep racing because he wants to prove to himself that he is the best.
  • I think that Agent Christopher stopping Mason from speaking at the conference was for the best but considering she had him fake arrested in order to stop him I understand why he's angry at her even though he really should have expected this to happen if he disobeyed her orders.
  • I think it's interesting that Jiya seems to be psychic since she saw Rufus having a burn on his arm before his arm got burnt.
  • I don't like that Nicolas made a painting about the new plans for Ritten house to get rid of the parts of humanity that he considers bad because no doubt his idea of bad doesn't match most people and would probably end up destroying humanity not saving it.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment