Sunday, April 29, 2018

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Dust and Shadows(2.05)

                              Shadowhunters: Dust and Shadows(2.05)Review
  • I find it very concerning that Alec is dealing with the guilt his feeling for killing Jocelyn while possessed is by shooting his bow until his hands are covered in blood, this is something that seems like an indirect version of self harm to me.
  • I'm glad that Jace told Alec not to keep punishing himself for something that isn't his fault and no one blames him for what happened with Jocelyn which is something that is good for Alec to hear even if he doesn't believe that at the moment.
  • I find it interesting that Alec is also blaming himself for not being able to save Jace from Valentine or the City of Bones as well as for what happened with Jocelyn.
  • I like that Simon is doing his best to be there for Clary as she is dealing with the fact that her mother is dead and I liked that when Clary first suggested that she bring her mother back from the dead that he tells her that there are some things that you should just accept rather than try to fix.
  • I liked that when Magnus told Clary that he wouldn't bring Jocelyn back since it would involve dark magic which is very dangerous and unpredictable that he was still very sorry for her loss and told her that what she need to do was mourn her mother and accept the pain that comes with that and that one day it will get easier even though it will never be easy.
  • I felt bad for Magnus when he told Clary about how his mother killed himself when he was nine because she couldn't accept the fake that her child's father was a demon.
  • I liked that Clary told Simon that he should go back home to see his mom and to tell her that he loves her while he still has the chance to do so.
  • I'm glad that Jace was cleared of all the charges that were held against him but I'm sad that it looks like many shadowhunters in the institute still seems to see him as a traitor.
  • I like the way that Jace and Izzy tease each other while checking in with how their both doing since they both can come off as overly confident in themselves.
  • I like that Izzy apologized to Jace about selling him out to the Clave and I like that Jace wasn't made at her for that since in the end that deal ended up saving both Alec and his life, I honestly think that neither Jace nor Izzy would think any deal that keeps Alec alive could ever be a bad deal because he means the world to both of them.
  • I find it sad that Clary seems to be blaming herself a bit for her mother's death because she thinks that she would still be alive if she had agreed to go to Idris with her.
  • I like how when Clary tells Jace that she doesn't feel much of anything at the moment that Jace admits that he thinks that the whole emotions cloud judgment mentality may be unhealthy considering where it landed him.
  • I liked that when Clary asked Jace how he was feeling about Jocelyn's death since they think she's his mother too that Jace tells her he wishes that he had more time with her so that she could get to know him as something more than an experiment gone wrong.
  • I think it's a bad idea for Clary to go to Iris to bring her mother back from the dead since Magnus said he won't do it, it seems like that kind of magic is something that shouldn't be done at all.
  • I get why Clary thinks that Iris's idea of her owing her a favor at a later date doesn't sound like such a bad idea because Iris phrase it in a way where it sounds like she would ask for something completely reasonable and legal.
  • I liked that when Simon went back home and talked to his mom that he made sure to tell her that he appreciates her and that he wants to move back home.
  • I hate that Aldertree is punishing Jace for not letting him die instead of getting back the mortal sword.
  • I like that Magnus can tell right away that Alec isn't okay when he shows up even though Alec insists otherwise.
  • I like that Alec asks Magnus how he is doing after sending Camille to the Clave and I liked that when Magnus tells him that it was really hard for him that Alec told him it wasn't weird to hear him talk about it.
  • I liked that Magnus tells Alec that it wasn't his fault that a demon possessed him and that he will find a way to make things right with Clary even though it feels impossible right now.
  • I like that Jace tells Clary that her idea to bring Jocelyn back is a bad one since people who are brought back from the dead are usually not brought back right.
  • I really can't blame Simon's sister for thinking something is seriously wrong with him since he seems to be afraid of sunlight now and has real blood in his room.
  • I liked that during the scene where Jace and Izzy were training that there asking each other how Alec and Clary were doing and that they also asked each other how they were going.
  • I liked that when Jace notices that Izzy's wound isn't entirely healed that he tells her that she should go to medical to get it checked out so that it heals right.
  • I find it interesting that Izzy used to want to be an iron sister when she was younger until she found out that she would have to swore off boys which is why she wants to go on the mission to meet them so badly.
  • I really hate how Aldertree gives Izzy yin fen without explaining to her what it is and giving it to her at all since it's clear an addictive drug that could cause her serious harm in the future.
  • I'm glad that Alec told Clary how sorry he is for what happened with Jocelyn and that he would do anything to take it back.
  • I think that if Alec wasn't feeling so guilty about his role in Jocelyn's death he never would've agreed with Clary's plan to bring back her mom but it seems like feeling guilty completely destroys his judgment.
  • I like that Alec seems to be confused by the idea that Iris would assume that he's Clary's boyfriend because I guess he thinks it should be obvious that he's gay now that he's out.
  • I like that once they get to Iris's that Alec starts to notice that something is not right about the way that Iris's place but sadly he still feels like he owes it Clary to go along with her plan.
  • I think it makes sense that when Simon tells his mom that he's a vampire that she thinks that he's crazy because he really didn't offer her any proof that what he was saying was the truth.
  • I like that Alec ends up befriending the little warlock girl named Madize who he compliments on her gills.
  • I like that Clary decides to back out of the deal with Iris to bring her mom back when she notices the bird Iris brought back earlier came back wrong.
  • I think it's horrible that Iris expected that Clary would allow a demon to rape and give birth to a warlock.
  • I like that Alec tried to find and save Clary once he realized what was happening there even though he didn't end up being much help.
  • I like that Clary was somehow shown a new rune that allowed her to shoot sunlight out of her hand and for her to save herself and kill the demon.
  • I understand why Simon's mom is super freaked out when she finds out that Simon was telling the truth about being a vampire.
  • I felt bad for Clary when she finally realized that her mom was dead when she had to say her mom's name during rite of mourning and I liked that when she couldn't finish saying the name that Jace did it for her and that he held her as she cried.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment