Saturday, December 17, 2016

TV Review: Timeless: Party at Castle Varlar(1.04)

                                      Timeless: Party at Castle Varlar(1.04)Review
  • I liked that the tech girl was able to track down where in the present Flynn was landing his time ship by tracking power drainages.
  • I found it a bit surprising that Flynn sound almost gentle when he was trying to make Anthony hurry up with making the nuclear core safe for time travel since that isn't behavior that is typical for a villain.
  • I liked that the characters pointed out how dangerous it would be for them to go back in time to Nazi Germany but it was also pointed out that Flynn giving the Nazis an atomic bomb before the end of the war would've been even more dangerous.
  • I liked that Wyatt actually does speak Germen and I liked that Lucy was surprised by this and that he then told her that he actually speaks four languages.
  • I liked that it turned out that Mason had a room full of historically accurate clothing that was divide by era and country and I liked when Lucy asked if it was a bit much that Mason told her it's better to have and not need than to need and not have.
  • I was a bit concerned for Lucy when she just stared into the mirror and seemed to loose track of the world around her.
  • I surprised that the time machine landed in front of Nazi soldier and I was a bit worried about what was going to happen but Wyatt ended up killing him right away so it wasn't an issue.
  • I liked that when Wyatt killed the second soldier they saw that Lucy asked him if he could avoid killing people when he has the choice to because it's important that they preserve history.
  • I liked that Wyatt was telling Lucy and Rufus the plan that Rufus said that he should stay right where he is until Wyatt convinced him that they would need a car and then Rufus told him that he could hot wire one.
  • I was worried about Lucy and Wyatt when they were taken out back by a solider that they thought was a Nazi and I was relieved when it turned out that he was actually a British spy and that he agreed hear them out about their mission.
  • I liked that when it was revealed that the spy was Ian Flemming the creator of James Bond that Wyatt was a bit starstruck and really excited that he got to meet him. I also liked that when Lucy asked if Wyatt was a Bond fan he said a little bit and that when Rufus mentioned he was a fan of the movies that Wyatt said and the books because he's a pretty big Bond fan.
  • I liked that when Flenmming heard about the destruction that atomic bomb that he was shocked and horrified by the damage it would cause and that after hearing about it he is willing to help them with their mission of stopping the rocket from being launched.
  • I liked that Rufus asked Flemming how does one become comfortable about lying all the time especially to people you trust sadly Flemming advice to trust no one really doesn't help him at all.
  • I find it interesting that it seems that Flynn isn't actually giving the bomb to the Nazi although it is unclear what is plan truly is.
  • I liked that when Lucy tells Wyatt that he can't risk killing Von Braun the Nazi scientist that he listens to her even though he doesn't know why he can't.
  • I liked that when Lucy explains that Von Braun is someone that the Allies want for themselves because of how brilliant he is that Flemming agrees to capture rather than kill him because that's the orders that were given even though he doesn't seem agree with them.
  • I liked that even after Lucy and Rufus both tell Wyatt that Von Braun is very important to American history with how he made their rocket program, made NASA what it is and was the one that ensured that the Americans got to the moon first that Wyatt still didn't like that not only can't he kill Von Braun but also that he knows that Von Braun  will never be punished for his crimes.
  • I like that Wyatt didn't want Lucy to go into the event with Flemming without him being there because he knows that Lucy is a historian not a solider or spy like Flemming thinks she is, I just like that he protective of her.
  • I liked that Wyatt noticed that Lucy was on the verge of cracking because it's something he has seen many times with new soldiers and that Lucy asked him what will her not crack and he tells her that talking would help.
  • I liked how Lucy tells Wyatt that she once almost gave up on history to join a band and that one of the main reason she didn't is because she got in car accident and almost drowned in a lake on her way to tell her mom her decision. I liked that Lucy tells Wyatt that since that night she tried to stay in situations that she knew she could control and that every time that she gets in time machine she feels like she's drowning in that car again.
  • I liked that Wyatt told Lucy that the reason he became a soldier is because grandfather was a soldier in World War II and since he was more of a father to him than his actually father he wants to make him proud which is why saving Nazis and letting Lincoln die is something he has a hard time doing since it's the opposite of what his grandfather would want him to do.
  • I like that Wyatt convinced Rufus to disable the bomb even though it wasn't nuclear and that Lucy would dislike it.
  • I liked that Rufus mentions more than once that James Bond is hitting on Lucy because I find it funny.
  • I found it sad how Flemming told Lucy about his brother died during the London Blitz and that's how he became involved in spy work.
  • I find it interesting that Flynn is actually trying to hand Von Braun over to the Russians rather than the Americans and that he pretty much says that he hates helping these awful people but that he sincerely believes that destroying Written House is worth it and I believe him when he says it because he puts so much emotion into what he says to Lucy.
  • I was worried about Lucy and Flemming when Flynn and the Nazis took the two of them prisoner and I like that Wyatt saw them get taken because lets him and Rufus know that they need to be rescued.
  • I liked that Wyatt wanted to go in guns blazing to rescue Lucy and I like that Rufus came up with a better idea of how to get in by making the rocket explode on the launch pad which diverts the attention of the Nazis.
  • I liked that when Flemming tried to kill Von Braun that Wyatt stopped him and that when Flemming told him that Von Braun deserves to pay for all the horrible things that he has done that Wyatt told him that he agrees with Flemming but he trusts Lucy.
  • I liked that Lucy knew that the castle had secret passage ways under it and that they escape with Flemming through them.
  • I liked that Rufus asked Von Braun if he ever thinks of the destruction that his rockets cause and when he tells them he doesn't Rufus tells him how he helped invent something far more impressive than a rocket all he can think about is the destruction that his invention is creating.
  • I liked that it turned out that Flemming wrote a Bond movie about their mission and I liked that Wyatt was excited to watch it.
  • I liked that it turned out that Flynn used the nuclear bomb to create a battery that would run the time machine which would make impossible to track down in present time.
  • I liked how Rufus tells Mason that he risks his life for Lucy and Wyatt because he trusts them to do the same and because he trusts them he is unable to spy on them.
  • I like that it seems Mason is being blackmailed or something by the Written House people rather than being a higher up in the organization.
  • I liked that Lucy told the Homeland Agent that she wouldn't work with them if they won't help her find a way to safe her sister because her sister is who she's fighting for.
  • I hated that Rufus is being threatened by Written House to spy on Lucy and Wyatt but I like that Mason really does want to protect Rufus and his family from them.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment